As the weather moves into spring, we're giving away Vans boardshorts to get your ready for the surf, the sun and the beach. Enter now for your chance to win!Enter The Contest
“Boardshorts Sweepstakes” / Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OFFERED ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES,; VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. INTERNET ACCESS AND VALID E-MAIL ADDRESS REQUIRED. TO ENTER: Visit the Vans website at Vans.com and follow the instructions to enter on-line. Open only to legal U.S., residents who, as of 3/4/14, are 13 years of age or older. If you are a minor in your jurisdiction of residence (generally, under 18), you must have your parents’ or guardian’s permission before providing personal information and entering the Sweepstakes. Vans is not responsible for computer system, hardware, software or program malfunctions or for other errors, failures, or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible/garbled, incomplete, damaged or misdirected entries. Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for purposes of Sweepstakes. Entries must be manually key-stroked. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed or like means are prohibited and will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail account from which the entry is submitted as of date of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sweepstakes runs from 10:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) on 3/4/14 through 3/25/14. Entries must be received by 10:00 a.m. (Pacific Time) on 3/25/14 to be included in the contest. Limit of 10 entries per person/e-mail address.
2. Winner Selection: Three (3) Grand prize Winners will be selected at random by Vans, at its offices in Cypress, CA. The person initially selected as the winner will be announced on or about 3/25/14. The selection is final and binding on all matters related to the sweepstakes. The winner will be notified by e-mail approximately 24 hours after selection. Upon notification, winner must claim their prize by e-mail or by the telephone number provided. If winner does not respond within 5 days of initial notification, an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries. If selected entrant is a Canadian resident, in order to be declared a winner, he/she must first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question, without assistance of any kind, within a pre-determined time limit. Winner (if winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must complete any and all legal documents (including an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and a publicity release [where legal]) and return them to Vans within five (5) business days after receipt of such documents. Noncompliance will result in disqualification of the winner and an alternate winner will be selected.
3. PRIZE: The following prize package will be awarded: (1) Grand prize winner will receive one (1) of the following: Pair of boardshorts @$50. Approximate retail value of prize represents retail value of prizes, not their resale value. If won by a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded to or in the name of the minor’s parent/legal guardian, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All prize components are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose other than the express product warranty on the goods as provided by manufacturer (and such express warranty shall apply only for the indicated term and is subject to all other indicated conditions). Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
4. NO PRIZE SUBSTITUTION EXCEPT AS PROVIDED HEREIN: Prize is not transferable. No cash redemption of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value should featured prize (or any component of featured prize) become unavailable for any reason. Taxes on prize (as applicable) and all unspecified expenses relative to acceptance and use of prize are the sole responsibility of winner. The decisions of Vans are final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. ELIGIBILITY: Employees of Vans and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales reps, advertising and promotion agencies and the immediate family members and household members of each are not eligible to participate. Proof of identity must be furnished upon request.
6. GENERAL: By participating, entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. Entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree to release Vans, a division of VF Outdoor Inc., its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, employees, officers, successors, assigns, representatives, shareholders and agents including without limitation their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damage with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of prize, participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any prize-related activity. In addition, winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) acknowledges that said parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose other than the express product warranty on the goods as provided by manufacturer (and such express warranty shall apply only for the indicated term and is subject to all other indicated conditions). Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer (or any information/materials stored thereon) related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the Vans web site. By accepting the prize, winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) consents to the use of winner’s name, photo, likeness and/or other indicia of persona for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited. If prize notification letter or prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering (or attempting to tamper) with the Sweepstakes or the Vans web site, or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this sweepstakes should virus, bugs or other causes beyond Sponsors' control corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the sweepstakes. In such event, the winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or by some other means determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with the spirit of these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.vans.com. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agree that any and all actions regarding the Sweepstakes (including eligibility for the prize) shall be brought by the entrant (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if applicable) alone (NOT as part of a class action) and exclusively in the federal or state courts of Orange County, State of California, USA and entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to the personal and subject matter jurisdiction of such courts. In any such action, entrants’ (or his/her parent/legal guardians’) recovery shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs involved in participating in the Sweepstakes (but NOT attorneys’ fees) and entrant (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) waives all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages. Any dispute involving these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes shall be resolved under the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to conflict of law/choice of law principles of California or of any other jurisdiction.
7. RULES/WINNER’S LIST: For name of winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vans, a division of VF Outdoor Inc. Attention: “Vans Marketing- Boardshorts List”, 6550 Katella Avenue ,Cypress, CA 90630. Winners list available after 11/15/13. For a copy of the rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Vans Marketing, “Crocket Pro” Sweepstakes.” 6550 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630. Residents of Canada and Puerto Rico may omit return postage.
8. SPONSOR: VANS, A DIVISION OF VF OUTDOOR INC., 6550 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630.